Where financiers and entrepreneurs, or shareholders and the board, often have different ideas about how a company should be managed, Frederik acts as an adviser to the entrepreneur or director. Part of this knowledge comes from the period when Frederik himself was a financial service provider.
He also learned a lot in insolvency practice, which is a learning experience of how things should not be done. This is a wealth of knowledge that Frederik can share for the benefit of – and with – the entrepreneur. Every problem or question has several sides to it. A formally legal side, or simply an answer that is practical and offers a solution to the entrepreneur. But, sometimes, a case is a matter of principle, and then he goes all out.
Frederik studied in the United States, the Netherlands, and France from 1989 to 1996. He then followed various postdoctoral specialist courses in the area of liability of companies, insolvency and restructuring, and financial economy.
Memberships and ancillary positions
- Member of the Dutch Association of Insolvency Lawyers (INSOLAD, Vereniging voor Insolventierecht Advocaten)
- Member of the Association of Debt Collection Lawyers (Vereniging van Incasso Advocaten)
- Member of the Association for Liability and Compensation Law (VASR, Vereniging voor Aansprakelijkheid en Schadevergoedingsrecht)
- Board member of the Citizen’s Association (Stichting Burger)
- Board member of the Cultures of Indonesia Foundation
- Board member of the Mr Anton Doeve Foundation
- Board member of the XO Table of the De Witte Society (XO-Tafel Sociëteit De Witte)
Frederik was born in Amerongen on the Utrechtse Heuvelrug. After some time spent wandering around the world due to study and work, he finally landed in The Hague. He is married and has three children. A great deal of his 'free time' is spent playing taxi driver for hockey, football, judo, swimming lessons, etc.
Frederik has a thing for history and political science. He is also active for the church, school, and society. He believes that a day without laughter is a day that has not been lived. Frederik is practical and two-dimensional. A plan must be converted into an action plan and must then be executed but, keep in mind, half work is no work at all. His motto is: ‘Gouverner c’est prévoir’ (Foresight is the essence of government).
Do you have a question or would you like to have a chat? Feel free to contact Frederik.